Go Back   Kaijuphile Forum Archives -- Closed For Posting > Kaijuphile Koliseum > Fantasy Battlezone!

Buraki's Forces vs. Sauron's Dark Army
Old August 5th, 2013, 07:44 AM

Location: The land beyond beyond, past the world of hope and fear
The Great MM is heading in the right direction.
Send a message via AIM to The Great MM
Default Buraki's Forces vs. Sauron's Dark Army

Sauron may have conquered Middle Earth, but another part of the world has just as evil forces. In his growing conquest, the Dark Lord Sauron has come into conflict with another devil... this one of Korean origin. Now a war has broke out between dragons and orcs...

This is army vs. army. Each side is fully forced with Buraki's forces having his mighty Dawdlers, winged Bulcos, mounted Shaconnes, magical warriors, and his commander that can shapeshift and... walk through walls. And, of course, the Evil Imoogi himself... Buraki!

Sauron's forces have his legions of Trolls, Orcs and Uruk-hai, Warg riders, Nazgul/Witch King and their Fell Beasts, giant Oliphants, and the Balrog itself!

The battle takes place at an even distance between Mordor and Minas Tirith (the area where Buraki has successfully created a new kingdom like he did in D-War). Each force is down to just one main kingdom (Mordor and Buraki's Castle). Whichever side successfully destroys the other's army and kingdom takes the win.

Re: Buraki's Forces vs. Sauron's Dark Army
Old August 5th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Neo Kaiju Forum Master

SpaceHunterM is heading in the right direction.
Send a message via AIM to SpaceHunterM Send a message via Yahoo to SpaceHunterM
Default Re: Buraki's Forces vs. Sauron's Dark Army

One of them has a kaiju and weird Dinos that shoot rockets. The orcs will start running 2 minutes into the fight.

Old August 5th, 2013, 09:02 AM
A Sound Soul...

Orga777 is an asset to our forums.
Send a message via Skype™ to Orga777

Only problem here... There is a Balrog involved. Add in the Nazgul with their Ring's of Power, and this fight will lead into a savage beating of the opposing forces.

Old August 5th, 2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Only problem here... There is a Balrog involved. Add in the Nazgul with their Ring's of Power, and this fight will lead into a savage beating of the opposing forces.
Yeah, but Balrog isn't nearly the size of Buraki, and the Bulcos are just as skilled flying warriors as the Fell Beasts. And they can move a lot better since they don't have to worry about mounts falling off.

I don't think this is a one-sided fight on either way though. Trolls vs. Dawdlers would be very interesting as well.

Old August 5th, 2013, 09:20 AM
A Sound Soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great MM View Post
Yeah, but Balrog isn't nearly the size of Buraki, and the Bulcos are just as skilled flying warriors as the Fell Beasts. And they can move a lot better since they don't have to worry about mounts falling off.
Balrog's of Morgoth are immensely powerful beings. They are corrupted Maiar (for reference, Gandalf and Sauron are Maiar.) Not as big as Buraki, but that may not matter just because of its immense strength and power.

Old August 5th, 2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Balrog's of Morgoth are immensely powerful beings. They are corrupted Maiar (for reference, Gandalf and Sauron are Maiar.) Not as big as Buraki, but that may not matter just because of its immense strength and power.
I imagine I should have mentioned this is LOTR movie franchise Dark Army. Though, I don't know if that makes a difference or not. -_-

Old August 5th, 2013, 09:23 AM
A Sound Soul...

Quote:
I imagine I should have mentioned this is LOTR movie franchise Dark Army. Though, I don't know if that makes a difference or not. -_-
It really doesn't. Because a Balrog is still a corrupted Maiar. Gandalf even called it a Balrog of Morgoth in the movie and had immense fear of it. Heck, even though Gandalf managed to kill it, he died too.

Old August 5th, 2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
It really doesn't. Because a Balrog is still a corrupted Maiar. Gandalf even called it a Balrog of Morgoth in the movie and had immense fear of it. Heck, even though Gandalf managed to kill it, he died too.
Ah. The problem I just see with it is the Balrog doesn't do anything in the film to indicate it could take on something that is, what, 10 times its size? Take on Dawdlers and such? Sure. But Buraki, something that can swallow it whole... I don't know. I imagine the huge Oliphaunts would be what would have to take Buraki on.

Old August 5th, 2013, 09:33 AM
A Sound Soul...

Quote:
Ah. The problem I just see with it is the Balrog doesn't do anything in the film to indicate it could take on something that is, what, 10 times its size? Take on Dawdlers and such? Sure. But Buraki, something that can swallow it whole... I don't know. I imagine the huge Oliphaunts would be what would have to take Buraki on.
Balrog's are 25 feet. A human was able to fit in Buraki's mouth. He is not swallowing a Balrog whole. Especially when the weaponry comes out. Remember this, Gandalf is competent. Buraki does not use magic on that scale. Buraki was hurt by missiles. I can easily see the Balrog wrecking him despite the size difference. Heck, if Buraki DOES eat a Balrog whole some how, I can only imagine it cutting out of him pretty much instantly afterward, anyway.

Old August 5th, 2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Balrog's are 25 feet. A human was able to fit in Buraki's mouth. He is not swallowing a Balrog whole. Especially when the weaponry comes out. Remember this, Gandalf is competent. Buraki does not use magic on that scale. Buraki was hurt by missiles. I can easily see the Balrog wrecking him despite the size difference. Heck, if Buraki DOES eat a Balrog whole some how, I can only imagine it cutting out of him pretty much instantly afterward, anyway.
I just watched D-War (hence posting of this match). Buraki wasn't hurt by the missiles. They took him by surprise and made him fall. Remember, it had been 500 years since he was on Earth. Humanity was still using catapults and bows back then. He was used to being the only force with rocket technology. But the missiles themselves did no damage.

Balrog doesn't have any type of firepower that can match hellfire missiles (the type used on Buraki) AND Buraki's scales were said to be harder than that of anything else found on Earth. I doubt Balrog could cut through his armor.

And Buraki was able to fit an elephant in his mouth. So sure, maybe not swallow Balrog whole, but he can still get hold of him very easily.

Old August 5th, 2013, 09:49 AM
A Sound Soul...

I know the missiles did not damage his hide. They eventually caused him to retreat, though. However, you are underestimating the Balrog here. The issue with him is not size. It is ability and power. The only reason Gandalf could do anything to it was because they are both Maiar. Anything lower than that in Middle Earth would be useless against a Balrog during the Third Age. All Buraki really has here is size.

This just comes down to how strong you think Maiar are, really.

Old August 5th, 2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I know the missiles did not damage his hide. They eventually caused him to retreat, though. However, you are underestimating the Balrog here. The issue with him is not size. It is ability and power. The only reason Gandalf could do anything to it was because they are both Maiar. Anything lower than that in Middle Earth would be useless against a Balrog during the Third Age. All Buraki really has here is size.

This just comes down to how strong you think Maiar are, really.
They didn't cause him to retreat... Buraki dove under the ground as his forces arrived. Why fight when you have an entire army to do so for you? He is the King, after all. He does more to help his army win than Sauron does, however.

And the Balrog was FAR from agile in the films. Especially when compared to the stuff Buraki does in his battle against the Good Imoogi. And, again, I saw no feats of strength to indicate he can match the power of a monster 10 times, if not more, his size.

I think we should be debating Darth Gwar vs. the Witch King.

Old August 5th, 2013, 10:30 AM
A Sound Soul...

Quote:
And the Balrog was FAR from agile in the films. Especially when compared to the stuff Buraki does in his battle against the Good Imoogi. And, again, I saw no feats of strength to indicate he can match the power of a monster 10 times, if not more, his size.
The Balrog was stuck in a cave with small corridors. Of course mobility is going to be limited.

Quote:
I think we should be debating Darth Gwar vs. the Witch King.
That is really easy. The Witch King of Angmar possesses incredible power at his disposal not only for the fact he is the Lord of the Nazgul, but his ring of power as well.

Old August 5th, 2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
The Balrog was stuck in a cave with small corridors. Of course mobility is going to be limited.
It wasn't that narrow of a cave. AND he can fly. When we got a glimpse of him fighting Gandalf outside, he was hovering in the air. He isn't agile nor is he highly mobile. He's a Gappa, Orga. Admit it.

Quote:
That is really easy. The Witch King of Angmar possesses incredible power at his disposal not only for the fact he is the Lord of the Nazgul, but his ring of power as well.
Buuuut can he make random explosions with a single swing of his sword and survive being run over... TWICE!?

Old August 5th, 2013, 10:41 AM
A Sound Soul...

Quote:
It wasn't that narrow of a cave. AND he can fly. When we got a glimpse of him fighting Gandalf outside, he was hovering in the air. He isn't agile nor is he highly mobile. He's a Gappa, Orga. Admit it.
You do know that the outside was the deepest parts of the dungeon, right? It wasn't even really outside. XD Also, he was probably damaged from Gandalf's earlier actions.

And those caves were very limiting for such a large beast. What was he going to do? As for being a Gappa... nah. If he was a Gappa, then the entire Fellowship would have been able to escape easily. They would have been like at least an hour ahead. XP

Quote:
Buuuut can he make random explosions with a single swing of his sword and survive being run over... TWICE!?
If we are doing movie verse he doesn't even NEED to make random explosions. He caused Gandalf's staff to blow up by doing nothing to it. Also, his sword can light on fire when he uses his magic abilities. And, yeah, he should be able to survive being run over.

Old August 5th, 2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
You do know that the outside was the deepest parts of the dungeon, right? It wasn't even really outside. XD Also, he was probably damaged from Gandalf's earlier actions.
You are REALLY grasping at straws. If he was hurt by Gandalf so easily, he's gonna' be WRECKED by Buraki. Kaiju > Wizards. End of story.

Quote:
And those caves were very limiting for such a large beast. What was he going to do? As for being a Gappa... nah. If he was a Gappa, then the entire Fellowship would have been able to escape easily. They would have been like at least an hour ahead. XP
They DID all escape easily. Why Gandalf decided to stay back and do his whole "THOU SHALL NOT PASS" thing is dumb. The group was outrunning the Balrog fine. Hell, they couldn't even see the damn thing, that's how far behind it was.

Quote:
If we are doing movie verse he doesn't even NEED to make random explosions. He caused Gandalf's staff to blow up by doing nothing to it. Also, his sword can light on fire when he uses his magic abilities. And, yeah, he should be able to survive being run over.
I don't actually remember the Gandalf staff thing...

Old August 5th, 2013, 10:55 AM
A Sound Soul...

Quote:
You are REALLY grasping at straws. If he was hurt by Gandalf so easily, he's gonna' be WRECKED by Buraki. Kaiju > Wizards. End of story.
Not when it comes to Middle Earth lore. The Maiar are right under the Valar. The beings that CREATED Middle Earth in the first place. They are NOT normal wizards. They are border-line immortal beings that have vasts amounts of power.

Quote:
They DID all escape easily. Why Gandalf decided to stay back and do his whole "THOU SHALL NOT PASS" thing is dumb. The group was outrunning the Balrog fine. Hell, they couldn't even see the damn thing, that's how far behind it was.
No. Not really. And that distance was only because of the cave setting. I am going to assume that Gandalf did that so it would stop chasing them (because it probably would not stop chasing them and would be too dangerous out of the cave to fight at all.)

Quote:
I don't actually remember the Gandalf staff thing...
It is in the (superior) Extended Cut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGdp5_12zW0

Old August 5th, 2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Not when it comes to Middle Earth lore. The Maiar are right under the Valar. The beings that CREATED Middle Earth in the first place. They are NOT normal wizards. They are border-line immortal beings that have vasts amounts of power.
That's fine and dandy. Except NOTHING in the film shows Balrog is capable of taking on a kaiju, let alone beating one. He isn't impressive, at all. A more fair match would be him vs. Star Wars' Rancor or Acklay. Or even King Kong. But a kaiju that can withstand rockets... No. Balrog ain't touching him.

Quote:
No. Not really. And that distance was only because of the cave setting. I am going to assume that Gandalf did that so it would stop chasing them (because it probably would not stop chasing them and would be too dangerous out of the cave to fight at all.)
No evidence to support this at all. And since we DID see Balrog not within confine spaces and he was still moving slow, I highly doubt he'd be able to keep up with the Fellowship once they mount horses.

Quote:
It is in the (superior) Extended Cut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGdp5_12zW0

Ah, that explains it. Never saw the extended cuts.

Old August 5th, 2013, 11:16 AM
A Sound Soul...

Quote:
That's fine and dandy. Except NOTHING in the film shows Balrog is capable of taking on a kaiju, let alone beating one. He isn't impressive, at all. A more fair match would be him vs. Star Wars' Rancor or Acklay. Or even King Kong. But a kaiju that can withstand rockets... No. Balrog ain't touching him.
That would be because he fought another Maiar. That is why you are missing the point. They are not normal beings at all. They have incredible amount of magical energy and defenses. None of that crap would even so much as scratch him. The only reason Buraki would be able to is because of his size alone.

Quote:
No evidence to support this at all. And since we DID see Balrog not within confine spaces and he was still moving slow, I highly doubt he'd be able to keep up with the Fellowship once they mount horses.
Limited footing was on that fortress they were fighting on. There is not much he could do. As for flying, again, he was probably damaged from Gandalf's earlier actions. Balrog's are known for their army slaying power. They even put dragons to shame. Gandalf was extremely lucky for the situations he was put in to even have a chance against it. (And it still resulted in his death.)

Old August 5th, 2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
That would be because he fought another Maiar. That is why you are missing the point. They are not normal beings at all. They have incredible amount of magical energy and defenses. None of that crap would even so much as scratch him. The only reason Buraki would be able to is because of his size alone.
So what? He fought a Maiar. Guess what? Gandalf also did NOTHING to indicate he could take on a kaiju and win also. The best thing he could do is summon the Eagles to fight for him. But he didn't do jack to take on something as monstrous as Buraki.

I love Darth Vader also, and I wish he could force slam and choke a kaiju to death... but believing he could do so is asinine. Thinking Gandalf and Balrog even stand half a chance against a kaiju is the same.

Examples: When the Troll and Orcs cornered the fellowship, did Gandalf whip out his super magic skills and whoop ***? No. When battle came at the Black Gates, did Gandalf the White bring hellfire and brimstone to the Dark Army? No. Did he magically lift up and slam an Oliphaunt one handed while baking a cake, writing a book, and humming a song at the same time? No.

Gandalf and Balrog are not entities on par with Superman and the Hulk. At least not the film versions, which is what this fight focuses on. I can't comment on the books since I never read them.

I have seen HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS of movie monsters. Balrog isn't impressive, at all. The threat to Buraki in this fight is the Oliphaunts, and it'll take several of them.

There is NOTHING in LOTR that was shown to have the strength needed to take on a kaiju one-on-one. Which is why I included the Oliphaunts since they have the huge size and numbers to possibly stance a chance. Sauron did nothing with his power to indicate he could withstand a rampage by Godzilla through Mordor. The Nazgul didn't do anything to show they could stop even Showa Mothra.

Quote:
he was probably damaged from Gandalf's earlier actions.
No evidence. He was slow and lumbering while walking. There's no reason to think he'd be a fast flier.

Quote:
Balrog's are known for their army slaying power.
Not in the movie they aren't. There's nothing said nor done to indicate that Balrog could take out an entire army, and from I saw, I LOL at the notion. That would of had to have been a mentally handicapped and physically disabled Balrog. And why's that?

Because Gandalf beat him.

And, by that logic, that means Gandalf could have just flash banged the Dark Army into oblivion, insta-teleported Frodo and the ring to Mount Doom, forced the Hobbit to destroy it, and save billions of lives before a huge war broke out. Obviously, that wasn't the case.

Old August 5th, 2013, 11:47 AM
A Sound Soul...

And that is why I said forever ago that it all depends how strong you see Maiar. Personally, they are beyond what we can think of. However, Gandalf, while a Maiar, is not in the same class as those from the First Age. In Tolkien Verse, older is ALWAYS better due to world decay. The only reason Gandalf was able to beat that Balrog was due to favorable circumstances that limited it's capabilities. Gandalf is not a god for heaven's sake, and he sure is not as strong as Sauron when it comes to magic capabilities. There was a HUGE reason why Gandalf freaking **** himself when he found out a Balrog was involved. Because he knows how awful they are and how freakishly powerful they can be. That is why he told them all they have no chance at all to beat it.

Also, it isn't like Buraki is freaking Godzilla or anything. He is not what I would call an overpowering force, here.

Old August 5th, 2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
And that is why I said forever ago that it all depends how strong you see Maiar. Personally, they are beyond what we can think of. However, Gandalf, while a Maiar, is not in the same class as those from the First Age. In Tolkien Verse, older is ALWAYS better due to world decay. The only reason Gandalf was able to beat that Balrog was due to favorable circumstances that limited it's capabilities. Gandalf is not a god for heaven's sake, and he sure is not as strong as Sauron when it comes to magic capabilities. There was a HUGE reason why Gandalf freaking **** himself when he found out a Balrog was involved. Because he knows how awful they are and how freakishly powerful they can be. That is why he told them all they have no chance at all to beat it.

Also, it isn't like Buraki is freaking Godzilla or anything. He is not what I would call an overpowering force, here.
I view Gandalf as a magic wizard and Balrog as a standard monster. I don't dive into the huge mythos behind them, just what we see on screen. And what we see isn't that impressive. Don't get me wrong, Balrog is cool as all hell. My favorite LOTR beastie in fact, but he doesn't come off as super strong or threatening when facing a kaiju.

I know Buraki isn't a Godzilla or super kaiju, which is why I think the Oliphaunt squads have a decent chance at him. But through physical fighting and goring with tusks. Nothing within Sauron's forces have the firepower to rival hellfire missiles, which Buraki shrugged off. The 10-15 Oliphaunts from ROTK need to stampede his serpentine ***.

Old August 5th, 2013, 12:02 PM
A Sound Soul...

Quote:
I view Gandalf as a magic wizard and Balrog as a standard monster. I don't dive into the huge mythos behind them, just what we see on screen. And what we see isn't that impressive. Don't get me wrong, Balrog is cool as all hell. My favorite LOTR beastie in fact, but he doesn't come off as super strong or threatening when facing a kaiju.
Which is understandable, and usually okay, but LotR is so vastly different than normal because 99% of the detail is in the background for the mythos. For instance, it took Gandalf fighting the Balrog through a lake, through tunnels, and finally on that mountaintop to finally KILL it... after ten days. But, this is all getting into the depths of LotR mythos which I do not know as well as some other people on this site, even. So I will leave it here. XD

Old August 5th, 2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Which is understandable, and usually okay, but LotR is so vastly different than normal because 99% of the detail is in the background for the mythos. For instance, it took Gandalf fighting the Balrog through a lake, through tunnels, and finally on that mountaintop to finally KILL it... after ten days. But, this is all getting into the depths of LotR mythos which I do not know as well as some other people on this site, even. So I will leave it here. XD
Oh, I remember him stating it took days to beat Balrog in TTT. However, all that tells us (or me rather...) is both Gandalf and the Balrog have tremendous stamina.. and no need to sleep. But that wouldn't help when Buraki bites him and starts crushing and slamming him.

But again, I point to flawed logic. If Balrog is so strong to take on armies and win, and Gandalf beat him, that means Gandalf should have been able to whoop Sauron's entire army on his own. There would have been no need for the Army of the Dead, the Ents, etc. All he'd have to do is pull a Chuck Norris and look at Sauron's tower and it'd self-destruct.

Old August 5th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Super Kaiju Forum Master

DinoGeekProductions has no warnings.

I can see wargs outmatching shacconne. However, the bulco and dawdlers represent a lot of pulverizing fire power from a considerable distance. Blitzkrieg with the wargs to thin their numbers before marching upon their castle may be Sauron's safest strategy, but I can see either emerging victorios either way. Though the Atrox grunts are stronger than your standard orc.