Re: New Era monster Redos
Old February 28th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Neo Kaiju Forum Master

Darth Reaper is heading in the right direction.
Default Re: New Era monster Redos

A) Yep, The One is indeed the bad guy in ULTRAMAN NEXT.

B) I was hoping you'd feel better about Utsuno Ikusagami because I made a deliberate effort to make sure that he's far from all-powerful. I wouldn't even go so far as to say that he's semi-omnipotent. He's certainly not taking on the likes of Bagan or King Ghidorah all by himself and winning. He'd get his clock cleaned just like most other characters.

Old November 3rd, 2010, 04:35 PM
Neo Kaiju Forum Master

Okay, it's been awhile, let's see what I can cook up this time.

Monster X

There is a dark presence lurking within Lord Conqueror's blighted kingdom of Manchuria, a malignant force that feeds on the life energies of its prey. It starts out small, little more than a formless shadow, a spectral entity that can easily conceal itself in the ever-present darkness of the land. At first, it preys on small animals, but it soon moves on to the most vulnerable of humans; the very old, the very young, the sick, the weak, those who are easiest to overtake, and who won't raise suspicions when they die.

Death and suffering have become common place in Manchuria, so at first the entity's predations go unnoticed. And then, even when people do start to catch on they attribute the deaths to some kind of plague, even though they can't identify what kind it is exactly. The entity is cunning. It drains its human prey a bit at a time rather than taking everything all at once. It allows its victims to die by degrees so that when they finally do expire it appears to be from sickness.

By the time anyone starts to get any kind of idea about what's really going on it's already too late. The entity is now able to take on a physical form, and it's grown large enough and strong enough to kill and feed with impunity. Nothing stops it, not the meager defences that the people are able to amass nor the Yeren soldiers who are sent to deal with it. Finally, Lord Conqueror unleashes one of the monsterous beasts that he holds under his sway to settle the matter. At first, it appears to get the job done by simply gobbling down the smaller entity in one bite, but before everyone's eyes the beast suddenly withers and dies from the inside out and the mysterious bane of Manchuria tears its way out of the body of its conquered foe.

Having fed on the lifeforce of Lord Conqueror's monster the entity is now enormous in size. It looks towards Lord Conqueror's stronghold and for a moment the master of Manchuria is taken aback, for he senses something within this monstrosity that unsettles even him. But, as quickly as the moment comes it also passes and the monster takes to the air, seemingly defying gravity through sheer force of will. It senses greater feeding grounds elsewhere in the world. It will return to this place when things get more lean

The truth is that this creature is another manifestation of the mystical energies that have inundated the planet. Perhaps more than ever, death is a subject that's on everyone's mind. It's shadow looms large over everyone as one unspeakable horror after another steps forward to threaten us. Our preoccupation with it strkes a cord with the mystical energies and once again they give form to our fears.

The beast is designated simply "Monster X" because honestly the military doesn't always have the time or energy to come up with something more creative. The Name serves its purpose, and in a strange way it seems appropriate in spite of its simplicity.

Monster X stands about 60 meters tall. It's form is roughly humanoid and consists of a jagged bony exo-skeleton that covers black leathery flesh.

Befitting its nature, Monster X's head is skull-like in appearance, and its eyes consist of two red glowing orbs that sit inside the otherwise dark and empty sockets.

Monster X has a tail that is long, slender, and flexible. It too is covered by bone, which makes it look as though all of the flesh has been torn away and only the skeleton left behind. It is tipped by a long bony scythe-like blade.

For long distance weapons Monster X can project bolts of energy from its eyes and mouth. These bolts are what it uses to drain its victims of their lifeforces. Of course, the stronger the opponent the more effort it takes to completely drain it. A creature like Godzilla, who possesses great power and recooperates quickly, will last a long time, while weaker prey like humans will be sucked dry instantly.

Also, Monster X's energy bolts can compromise the integrity of matter. Anything they touch crumples into dust.

Death has taken on a life of its own and it hungers for the lives of others. That hunger is insatiable and it won't stop feeding until someone stops it.

How's that folks?

Old November 4th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Rubber Space Shark

Zigra is a jewel in the rough.
Send a message via Yahoo to Zigra

Pretty cool. Although, Clint did say that he had an idea for Monster X and Kaiser Ghidorah (whom he said he was thinking of making seperate monsters). He didn't say much about those plans, other than their origins would somehow tie into that of Spacegodzilla.

"I hope drivers in the United Kingdom also have good aim."- Me on Brian Lumely

"You can't ruin a turd. Nor can you polish one."- Cole Deschain on Clor

McCarthy's Maxim- A football coach must be smart enough to understand the game, but dumb enough to think it's important.

Old November 4th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Neo Kaiju Forum Master

Oh well. Until he tells us what his plans are I figure that it's okay to take our own shots at it and see what he thinks. Who knows, maybe he'll like one of our ideas better.

Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:53 PM
Neo Kaiju Forum Master

I feel it is time for a new redo, so let it be done. After watching THOR I have an idea.

The Destroyer

The island nation of Mandoras has declared war on the entire world and none shall be spared its wrath, not even dread Manchuria. The masters of Mandoras have looked upon this blighted land and see a potential enemy that needs to be eliminated utterly. They send four of their Panzer Knights as an opening salvo, to see how Lord Conqueror responds to their might. They bear witness as the robots are met by a great green dragon who promptly brings them all down, frying their circuitry with a magic spell. For all of their power, the Knights are not equipped to deal with mysticism. It's a stunning defeat and it tells Mandoras that this is one foe that they must consider very carefully before confronting again.

It's decided that it would be unwise to send more of Mandoras' standard weaponry to Manchuria. There's simply no way to know what Lord Conqueror's limits are. If he can control a beast that can bring down four Panzer Knights, who knows what else he could unleash if pushed further. After much thought, it's decided that something special is required to deal with this enemy, something unique. A plan is formed and the first part of it involves creating a giant figure out of a series of metal bands that are woven together to greate a humanoid form. But, rather than being a machine like the Panzer Knights, this figure is more akin to a suit of armor. It's even hollow on the inside.

The second part of the plan is to fill this armor with a great power. A group of mystics are brought in and ordered to summon a powerful spirit of destruction to inhabit the construct.

The finished product is dubbed simply The Destroyer.

The Destroyer is a hulking behemoth that stands 80 meters tall, with a broad build that makes it harder to knock off balance.

Though an exceptional piece of craftsmanship the metal body of the Destroyer isn't anything special. It can't even opporate on its own. What makes it a force to be reckoned with is the spirit that inhabits it. It's this spirit that animates the construct and gives it power. With this spirit in place The Destroyer gains immense physical strength, enough to break almost any obstical or opponent that's placed in front of it. And, since this spirit isn't made of flesh and blood it isn't hindered by fatigue or pain. Moreover, the spirit's power reinforces its metal frame, making it virtually indistructible.

What passes for The Destroyer's face consists of a metal vizor. This vizor can be moved upwards until it lies atop the construct's head. When this is done an opening is revealed. Through this opening The Destroyer can fire a powerful beam of energy that can destroy nearly anything it touches.

As an elemental spirit, the entity that gives life to The Destroyer is bound by its nature. It is neither good nor evil; rather it is like a force of nature come to life. It lives only to perpetuate the element that it embodies. In this case that element is destruction, and as such it is a perfect engine. It knows nothing of fear, or mercy, or retreat. It simply moves ever forward, annihilating everything in front of it as it goes. The mystics who conjured it don't control it so much as they aim it by planting ideas in its simple mind.

Finally, although The Destroyer is simple-minded, it possesses an exceptionally strong will, and thus it can resist mystical attacks. Magic is summoned and directed through force of will, so through force of will The Destroyer can deflect those efforts. This is another reason why Mandoras' leaders chose this to be their hammer against their sorcerous adversary.

Mandoras thinks it has a fitting weapon with which to destroy Lord Conqueror. Does the dark lord of Manchuria have enough tricks up his sleave to overcome this enemy, or will the self-proclaimed conqueror be himself conquered? And, who else may suffer in the process?

How's that?

Old May 22nd, 2011, 11:46 PM
Hyper Kaiju Forum Master

THE ONE AND ONLY is heading in the right direction.

Nice. Siege Hiel.

Old May 27th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Supreme Necromancer

Morgoth has disabled reputation

Interesting idea, but you should expand on exactly how they make such a thing.
Aren't you all entitled to your half-assed musings on the divine? You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions. Well let me tell you, I stand with two thousand years of darkness and bafflement and hunger behind me. My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy!

Old May 28th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Neo Kaiju Forum Master

Could you elaborate a bit oh dark lord? I'm not sure exactly what you have in mind.

P.S. What do you think of my Monster X redo, at least as a mental exercize?

Old July 9th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Neo Kaiju Forum Master

Okay, this one was originally done by Lordofmonsterisland (it's post number 1964 if anyone's curious) and not much is likely to change, but I couldn't resist taking a shot at doing this in my own words. As I think we all know by now, how these things are written is just as important as what they're about.

Dagoth

Between the years when the oceans drank the first Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles under the stars; an age of sword and sorcery, darkness, and high adventure.

Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a warrior, a conqueror, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet; destined to become a king by his own hand.

Conan never set out to be a hero, and yet many times did he save his world from calamity. In particular was the time when he was seduced by the sorcerous queen Taramis into aiding in awakening Dagoth, The Dreaming God. Conan was promised his heart's fondest desire in return for leading a quest to find a jewed horn, the source of Dagoth's power. When placed on the head of a stone idle that was in fact the diety himself in a dormant state, The Dreaming God would rise again to rule the world, with those who raised him standing by his side. So, it was said.

But, Taramis' promise was a lie. As soon as Conan claimed the horn he was marked for death. And, when Dagoth's horn was returned to him he came to life and stood revealed not as a divine being, but rather a great demon instead. And, he had no desire to share power. The Hellbeast struck down Taramis and rampaged through her palace until Conan finally defeated him by tearing out his horn.

After that, Dagoth's body was destroyed, but the horn proved more resilient. It's evil could be subdued but never extinguished. To ensure that its dark power was never again unleashed the horn was locked away in a secret location, never to be seen or spoken of again. Indeed, those who were charged with securing the horn willingly commited suicide afterwords, so that no one else would ever be able to learn the location.

Time passed. The world changed. Conan, Dagoth, and that bygone age all but faded from memory. But, evil never goes away, and it's ever so patient. It will wait however long is neccessary for the right time to reemerge.

In the present day the Earth has been saturated with dark powers, and those powers are bringing new evils into the world, and stiring up old ones. They reach out across the globe and into deep, dark, forgotten places to let loose terrible things that had once been restrained. Dagoth's time has come again. Within his horn, his spirit drinks in the negative energies and grows strong, stronger than ever before. Out of the Earth he rises, with a new gigantic body, to terrorize the lands now known as The Middle East. Long ago, he promised to bring death and destruction to the world, it's a promise he intends to keep.

In his current form Dagoth is a beast of colossal size, standing some 60 meters in height. His body is vaguely humanoid in form, with two long powerful arms, two thick stout legs, a tail, and a head protruding from a sturdy torso. His scaley hide is a sickening blackish green color, with a pale underbelly. He appears almost semi-aquatic in nature, with webbed spines growing from his tail, forelegs, and forearms, as well as webbing between the three toes of both of his feet. His large hands are tipped with three clawed fingers that can tear through steal with ease. His head consists of a sideways mouth at the end of a snout, two bulging red eyes on either side, and his trademark horn in the center of it all.

Dagoth's strength is enormous and his stamina is persistent. Like most supernatural beings he possesses unnaturally fast and efficient healing abilities. He also possesses a conciderablly high pain threshold. No matter how badly injured he is, he continues to push on in spite of it. It's even possible that on some level he actually enjoys pain. Some demons are known to possess sadomasochistic tendencies.

Dagoth has demonstrated some ability to manipulate the weather. In times past he has sommoned dark clouds and called lightening down from them. What the limits of this ability are is unknown, but what's been shown so far is formidible indeed. Lightening travels at the speed of light, so no enemy can hope to evade this heaven-sent arsonal, only pray that they have the strength to endure it.

Of course, as always Dagoth's greatest weakness is his horn, the source of his life and power. Remove the horn from his head and he is essentially vanquished, and his spirit will need time to recover from the trauma before it can even think about trying to create another new body. Within that time it is possible to come up with a means of keeping his spirit subdued within the horn. But, Dagoth has learned from passed experiences. Though he may use it as a formidable weapon at times, he always keeps a keen eye out for any attempts to attack it. He won't allow anyone to take it from him without one Hell of a fight.

From the direction of the sea, Mothra appears in the sky headed in Dagoth's direction. And, other forces aren't far behind. Can they subdue this abomination once more, or will his ancient promise of annihilation finally come to pass?

How's that?

Last edited by Darth Reaper; July 16th, 2011 at 02:51 PM.

Old July 11th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Rubber Space Shark

Not bad. I like how you essentially ignore "Conan the Destroyer" and come up with your own re-written version of it's plot.

McCarthy's Maxim- A football coach must be smart enough to understand the game, but dumb enough to think it's important.

Old July 11th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Neo Kaiju Forum Master

I essentially stuck to the very basics of the story and allowed for people to fill in the rest with what they like best.

Have you read my Destroyer redo yet Zigra? What do you think of that one?

Old July 22nd, 2011, 05:32 PM
Rubber Space Shark

Honestly? It wasn't a bad redo, but it just didn't grab my attention as much as some other stuff you've done. Maybe it's because the Destroyer is such a minor entity compared to some of the other things running around in the New Era.

Old July 25th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Neo Kaiju Forum Master

I hear you. I admit, there isn't a lot to The Destroyer.

Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:57 AM
Neo Kaiju Forum Master

Clint suggested that I expand on this redo a bit so here we go.

The Destroyer

The island nation of Mandoras has declared war on the entire world and none shall be spared its wrath, not even dread Manchuria. The masters of Mandoras have looked upon this blighted land and see a potential enemy that needs to be eliminated utterly. They send four of their Panzer Knights as an opening salvo, to see how Lord Conqueror responds to their might. They bear witness as the robots are met by a great green dragon who promptly brings them all down, frying their circuitry with a magic spell. For all of their power, the Knights are not equipped to deal with mysticism. It's a stunning defeat and it tells Mandoras that this is one foe that they must consider very carefully before confronting again.

It's decided that it would be unwise to send more of Mandoras' standard weaponry to Manchuria. There's simply no way to know what Lord Conqueror's limits are. If he can control a beast that can bring down four Panzer Knights, who knows what else he could unleash if pushed further. After much thought, it's decided that something special is required to deal with this enemy, something unique, and a plan is formed.

Step 1 involves creating a giant figure out of a series of metal bands that are woven together to greate a humanoid form. But, rather than being a machine like the Panzer Knights, this figure is more akin to a suit of armor. It's even hollow on the inside.

Step 2 is to fill this armor with the kind of power that is needed to contend with one such as Lord Conqueror. Mandoras' resources are many and varied, and they have not neglected the mystic arts. It employs numerous practitioners of the occult; dark, twisted souls who are all too happy to serve a megamaniacal master in exchange for the chance to revel in the power to bend nature to their will. These people are handled with great care, for their quest for the power they crave has made them an unstable lot. It is wise to be wary of them, and they aren't let out much, but the time has come to call upon their services.

Among the many arcane skills that have been studied is the secret of how the old civilizations of South America created giant golem warriors such as the mighty Tuol. The mystics of Mandoras intend to replicate this process. They will summon a powerful elemental spirit of destruction into this world and bind it within the armor. To do this they must perform a ritual involving the element that spirit embodies, to lure it into the material plain. In this case an act of destruction must be performed. And, the more powerful the spirit, the more conciderable the act must be. Hundreds of people are gathered up, those deemed of no use to the nation, and cast into the armor. Then, they are burned alive inside of it, their screams of agony acting like music to the desired spirit. With the blood and ashes of their victims, the mystics paint a symbol inside of the armor. Magic words are spoken and an unearthly light begins to shine within the armor's breast. The spirit has been contained.

The finished product is dubbed simply The Destroyer.

The Destroyer is a hulking behemoth that stands 80 meters tall, with a broad build that makes it harder to knock off balance.

Though an exceptional piece of craftsmanship the metal body of the Destroyer isn't anything special. It can't even opporate on its own. What makes it a force to be reckoned with is the spirit that inhabits it. It's this spirit that animates the construct and gives it power. With this spirit in place The Destroyer gains immense physical strength, enough to break almost any obstical or opponent that's placed in front of it. And, since this spirit isn't made of flesh and blood it isn't hindered by fatigue or pain. Moreover, the spirit's power reinforces its metal frame, making it virtually indistructible.

What passes for The Destroyer's face consists of a metal vizor. This vizor can be moved upwards until it lies atop the construct's head. When this is done an opening is revealed. Through this opening The Destroyer can fire a powerful beam of energy that can destroy nearly anything it touches.

As an elemental spirit, the entity that gives life to The Destroyer is bound by its nature. It is neither good nor evil; rather it is like a force of nature come to life. It lives only to perpetuate the element that it embodies. In this case that element is destruction, and as such it is a perfect engine. It knows nothing of fear, or mercy, or retreat. It simply moves ever forward, annihilating everything in front of it as it goes. The mystics who conjured it don't control it so much as they aim it by planting ideas in its simple mind.

Finally, although The Destroyer is simple-minded, it possesses an exceptionally strong will, and thus it can resist mystical attacks. Magic is summoned and directed through force of will, so through force of will The Destroyer can deflect those efforts. This is another reason why Mandoras' leaders chose this to be their hammer against their sorcerous adversary.

Mandoras thinks it has a fitting weapon with which to destroy Lord Conqueror. Does the dark lord of Manchuria have enough tricks up his sleave to overcome this enemy, or will the self-proclaimed conqueror be himself conquered? And, who else may suffer in the process?

How's that?

Old July 4th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Kaiju Forum Adept

Egg-Zilla is heading in the right direction.

Sounds cool, but what's it a redo of? I'm not familiar with any kaiju like the Destroyer (except Majin Toul).

Old July 4th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Neo Kaiju Forum Master

He's actually a redo of a character from Marvel Comics who's often cast as an enemy for Thor. Check out the movie for an easy example of the character.

Old July 4th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Kaiju Forum Adept

Egg-Zilla is heading in the right direction.

Ah, I saw Thor, I should have been able to recognize him. Has Iron Man foe Ultimo ever recieved a redo? He'd fit right in the New Era setting.

Old July 5th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Neo Kaiju Forum Master

Actually no, I don't think he has. Hm, maybe I should brush up on him and give him some thought.